An add-on domain is a combination of the parked
and subdomains, and allows you to host an additional domain within your account,
but with separate content. Example
- You have two domains myhosteddomain.com and
- myhosteddomain.com is the main domain for
your website and you want people to be able to access a *different* site as
- You upload your additional website into a
directory in your webspace called /site2/
you can now access the 2nd site as myhosteddomain.com/site2/
- You can add the additional domain as an
"add-on" from within your Control Panel, redirecting it to the site2 folder.
- Now when someone types myhosteddomain.co.uk
they get the original site and when they browse to myhosteddomain.biz they
will go to the site2 website.